Friday, April 8, 2011

MY INTRODUCTION...

So who is Doc J? And why the hell do I have a blog??

Well in the last 11 years: I've had poems published in 2 books; written articles for (4) publications; worked at (2) college radio stations; graduated college; hosted a middle school-age club Lyricist Lounge; amassed over 850+ stage-hours of DJ experience; gained production placement with (2) commerical recording artists; and released (6) regionally-successful mixtapes.

Regrettably, on the other end of the spectrum: I wear glasses; have worn braces; was diagnosed with flat-feet; broke my left collarbone (4) times; had to retake Calc 3 (5) times to pass it; hate eatting chocolate; been in love with a psycho girl; lived through a major car accident; successfully beat a lawsuit; watched my parents go through bankruptcy; handled by younger brother being shot on (2) different occasions; dealt with my father's suicide; counseled my girlfriend through her father's death; witnessed my best friend sent away to prison; was laid-off from a job; can occasionally drink excessively too much...and many more personal issues that I'll probably share on accident later.

All that said - one fact I'm proud of is that I've had to work very hard at every stage of my life...so I like to think that I can relate to nearly everyone's struggle/situation. You'll learn quickly that I like to laugh and joke alot - I've grown up quickly, so I'm at the stage in my life where I aim for as much fun & peace as I can find. Look for that to transfer over into this blog too. I already know some of you will disagree with, oppose, and may straight up hate my views, but I don't care - As long as we respect each other, you might learn something & I might too. Here's to sharing new experiences & stories! Now that you know a little about me: fasten your seatbelts - because it's going to be a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment