Thursday, July 21, 2011

NORE Video Interview; Speaks on Most Influential Latin Rappers & Wants Fabolous & Juelz To Rep Spanish Heritage

Last month VladTV (shoutouts) did their own editorial on who the Top 10 Most Influential Latin artists were. Queens rapper, NORE (1/2 of CNN) respectfully turned up as #7 on the list. After a recent Yankees game, VladTV caught up with NORE and interviewed him on the results of the Top 10. He gives his own Top 10 list, and among other things, pointed out that artists like Fabolous [Dominican] and Juelz Santana [Dominican] need to represent their Latin heritage a little more to be included on any media lists. Check it out...



Now, I agree with NORE here; and this kinda digs up a bigger debate. Hip-Hop has been a multi-cultural society, that has welcomed all ethinicities in for over 30 years now. I myself have found it kind of odd that in multiple interviews Fabolous has been quoted as saying that "My dad is Dominican"; instead of claiming that he's Dominican as well. Me being a 'mutt' of cultures too, I think it's these mixes that make us more unique and well-rounded. Now everyone is welcome to their own private anxieties or insecurities, but I agree that if a person that doesn't take claim to a certain origin or speak to/for that experience/ethicinity it's kind of hard for me to count them as an influence to that ethicinity. Obviously that my opinion...I'd love to hear yours, so leave a comment, and let your words be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment